Recipe by gailanng
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Excellent! We really enjoyed the creamy texture and zip (from the jalapeno peppers) in the filling in this dish. And like alligirl, it's hard to grasp that this came from the Skinny Taste website. It might be low in calories, but it sure does go a long way in flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe, gailanng. Made for Best of 2012 tag game.
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapenos, chopped (remove seeds for milder taste)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thin sliced
- 8 (3 ounce) skinless chicken breasts, cutlets pounded thin
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- olive oil nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, green onions, jalapeno and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes.