Make and share this Cheesy Jalapeno Baked Stuffed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapenos, chopped (remove seeds for milder taste)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thin sliced
- 8 (3 ounce) skinless chicken breasts, cutlets pounded thin
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, green onions, jalapeno and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes.