Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great for functions. I dress this up for Christmas with red and green peppers and colored tortellini.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, bulk
- 15 ounces marinara sauce, refrigerated
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (9 ounce) package tortellini
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown beef and sausage.
- Spray inside of slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix beef mixture, marinara, mushrooms and tomatoes inside slow cooker and set to low.
- 1-2 hours prior to serving stir in tortellini and cheese.
- If in slow cooker for a long time, add additional marinara.
This was very good and so easy to make. I used my own recipe#316477 for the sauce, which made a very big pot of sauce. I added a 21 ounce bag of totellini, and had left overs for lunch and freezing. Great crock-pot recipe thanks to TheFarlands. Made for PAC Spring 2009.