Recipe by AmyZoe
This is the bomb. I added a bunch of spinach to it, and it just added to the flavor. I used whole milk and didn't bother peeling my potatoes. Yum. Serving size is estimated.
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 lb loose mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add the onions. Saute until translucent and add the Italian sausage. Break apart the sausage with a spoon and stir occasionally. When the sausage is brown remove from heat.
- In a soup pan, combine the potatoes, chicken stock, and celery. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked sausage and onions to the soup pot. Add the cream and cheddar cheese, stirring until all ingredients are combined and warm again. Serve with additional cheddar cheese and green onions sprinkled on top.