Recipe by Marie
A warm Italian sandwich that is delicious and so easy to prepare. Great for a light Sunday dinner. Recipe found on another website.
- 3 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 10 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, red pepper and olives.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Let stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Spoon tomato mixture evenly onto bread slices and place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and broil 4" from heat until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.