Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a yummy side dish for those who love bacon and cheese. While I'm positive it's not the healthiest, it sure is tasty. I use the whole (0.7 oz) envelope of dressing but you can use more or less to taste.
- 6 -8 medium russet potatoes
- 1 (2/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- peel and slice potatoes, not too thick.
- place in baking dish.
- Stir together the melted butter and Italian dressing mix. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes, or until just beginning to turn tender.
- Meanwhile fry bacon until brown and then crumble, drain grease.
- When potatoes are almost tender but not quite, sprinkle bacon on top of potatoes then top with cheddar cheese and bake covered another 5-10 mins or until potatoes are desired tenderness.
This is very easy and tastey. I did sub for what I had on hand, such as no italian dressing but i did have a packet of herbs and garlic. Very easy to make and a nice side to go with chicken. Thank you for posting this keeper. Shir