Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds so good to me. I can hardly wait to try it. Recipe from BH&G.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagedried ziti pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package penne
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen precooked italian meatballs, thawed (32 balls, cut in half)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, meatballs, and tomato sauce. Transfer to a 9"x13" baking dish.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Uncover pasta, mix, and spoon cheese mixture in mounds over pasta. Cover loosely and bake about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
- Top with mozarrella cheese and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.
I made this from a Better Homes and Gardens and was happy to see it posted here already. This is very good. Very tasty and easy to make for a busy weeknight meal. Served with rolls and a salad. The only downside for me was that it is very rich with all the cheese on top. The pasta, meatballs and cheese baked together make warm bites of comfort food. Thanks for posting! Enjoy! ChefDLH
Easy! I used shells because that's what I had. And I used homemade mozzarella :) I cut this in half and it worked just great.
So easy and makes a great family meal. The end result depends on the quality of your sauce and meatballs. I added some basil and garlic to my sauce. I used more than 1 lb of meatballs because my boys love meatballs. Thanx for posting this recipe! My gang loved it.