1/2 Photos of Cheesy Italian Meatball Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Lorraine of AZ's Note:
This sounds so good to me. I can hardly wait to try it. Recipe from BH&G.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried ziti pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package penne
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen precooked italian meatballs, thawed (32 balls, cut in half)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz.)
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.
- 2Stir in the pasta sauce, meatballs, and tomato sauce. Transfer to a 9"x13" baking dish.
- 3Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile in a bowl, combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- 5Uncover pasta, mix, and spoon cheese mixture in mounds over pasta. Cover loosely and bake about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
- 6Top with mozarrella cheese and bake uncovered 5 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Italian Meatball Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1046.6
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 2099.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: