Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From BHG--for my kids.
Top Review by ChefDLH
I made this from a Better Homes and Gardens and was happy to see it posted here already. This is very good. Very tasty and easy to make for a busy weeknight meal. Served with rolls and a salad. The only downside for me was that it is very rich with all the cheese on top. The pasta, meatballs and cheese baked together make warm bites of comfort food. Thanks for posting! Enjoy! ChefDLH
- 16 ounces ziti pasta or 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (26 ounce) jar red pasta sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packageitalian-style frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta by following the package directions; drain, then return to pan.
- Stir in pasta sauce, meatballs, and tomato sauce.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Uncover pasta mixture; spoon ricotta mixture in small mounds over pasta mixture.
- Cover loosely; bake about 10 minutes more or until heated through.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes.