Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This salad is rich and very filling and should be served as a main meal. The dressing makes about 1-1/2 cups but can easily be doubled. Plan ahead the dressing needs to chill for a couple of hours before using, prep time includes chilling time for the dressing. Feel free to add in other ingredients to the salad.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
A wonderfully flavorful salad dressing that is so easy to prepare, and would be great on any salad of your choosing. I didn't have Kraft dressing (I had a store brand Italian salad dressing) which seemed to work fine, and I was grateful for a way to put it to good use. I absolutely had to add the garlic to the dressing, which gave it a nice little punch. I made the salad as directed, also, and ended up with a salad that I would happily have eaten for my entire meal! Made for Best of 2012 Tag Game.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 1⁄3 cup bottled kraft Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (torn into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup artichoke heart, cut into quarters (or to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives (use green or black)
- 5 firm roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb shredded provolone cheese (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing; whisk all the ingredients together, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
- For the salad; place the first 6 ingredients in a large glass bowl; toss to combine.
- Serve with dressing on the side.