Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love eggplant, and I love cheese, so these two fit JUST perfect together!
Make and share this Cheesy Italian Eggplant Delight recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb eggplant, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup low mositure part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat over to 400.
- Season eggplant with salt and pepper, and roast for 15 minutes, covering the bottom of a cooking spray-coated glass dish with slices.
- Layer with half the sauce and half the tomatoes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon each of basil and italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with half the ricotta and half the mazzarella. Repeat layers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, heating to broil until cheese is golden.
We loved this! I made it with fresh garden eggplant, tomatoes and basil. This will become one of our regular summer meals. Thanks!
Super way to eat eggplant! It reminds me of a noodless lasagna. I used fresh homegrown eggplants and tomatoes for this recipe. I made this as written but just whisked in a little milk with the ricotta to make it more spreadable. I'll make this again. Thanx!