Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This originally came from a Betty Crocker cookbook. I have no idea how old it is but it makes a simple and delicious dinner.
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease 9" pie plate.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese into pie plate.
- Mix chicken, 1/2 cup cheese, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and tomato paste.
- Spoon over Parmesan cheese.
- Stir baking mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended.
- Pour over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5-8 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving.