Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw a recipe on another website which stimulated my imagination and I made this new creation instead. It was super easy and quick. But the best thing is that it is also delicious!
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (you can use the green stuff if you want but fresh is better!)
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml black pepper, divided
- 2 chicken breast halves
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml butter
- Blend the bread crumbs & the cheese together with 1/2 of the teaspoon of black pepper and set aside.
- Beat the eggs together and add the other 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Split each breast in half width wise so that you will have 4 thin pieces of chicken.
- Heat the olive oil and the butter in a large skillet until medium hot.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture then into the breading mixture, being sure to put as much breading as possible on each side -- patting helps.
- Place the chicken in the skillet.
- Brown well on both sides, cooking time is a approximate depends on size of meat.
- Drain on Paper Towels & Enjoy.
- Because the chicken pieces are thin they will cook quickly and be done in a very short time.
So simple and so easy! Delicious and crispy!
Very tasty and crispy ;-)
Love this recipe; the directions are clear, it goes together quick and easy, looks attractive when done and taste great - have to agree the fresh parmesan really is the only way to go. Loved the combination of Italian bread crumbs and cheese and the way it really stretched just 2 breast halves. Served with a simple garden tomatoe and fresh mozzerella salad with a good red wine and an impressive dinner was ready in minutes. This will be a regular at our house. Made for PAC Fall - 09