Recipe by 6 pack mama
With 5 kids it is so hard to put a meal on the table that pleases everyone. This one is a sure winner in our house!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄4 cups fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 12 pieces bacon
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (the bag with two different colored cheeses)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound Chicken Breasts out so they are not so thick. Marinate the chicken Breast in 2 Cups of the Italian Dressing overnight (or at least 4 hours). Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing, you will need it later.
- Grill the Chicken Breast on charcoal or gas grill. You can also bake/broil them until no longer pink instead.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crispy. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Saute mushrooms an diced onion in remaining 1/4 cup of Italian dressing.
- When chicken is done, place it in a casserole dish. Place sauted mushrooms, onions and crumpled bacon on top of chicken. Cover with cheese and heat in oven at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.