Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious with your favorite pasta!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, unsliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- chopped green onion (optional)
- oregano (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Heat oven to 375º.
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise and lay side by side on a cookie sheet, cut side up.
- Mix mayo, cheeses and garlic powder.
- Spread on the cut sides of bread.
- Add optional ingredients if desired ~ sprinkle with green onions and then sprinkle with oregano, parsley and paprika to taste.
- Bake at 375º until slightly browned and cheese melts, about 10 minutes but keep an eye on it.
- Serve hot ~ be careful slicing so as not to pull the cheese off the bread.
- May be reheated covered in the microwave.