Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was told to me by a friend and it is really good! I like to serve this with spaghetti or lasagna. I don't measure the dressing to pour over bread... I just use enough to cover it like I would pizza sauce.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- flour, to dust countertop
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1.5 (1/3 ounce) packets fast rising yeast
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I usually use a colby-jack blend... but really any cheese works)
- Italian dressing (I like Kraft Zesty Italian)
- vegetable oil
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the hot water into the flour mixture and make sure to scrape the bowl to get up all the flour.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean countertop or large cutting board and knead the bread to thoroughly combine all ingredients. (Add enough flour so dough isn't 'too' sticky).
- Form into large ball.
- Pour a small amount of vegetable oil into clean large mixing bowl (around a tbsp) and place ball of dough in bowl flipping it around to coat with oil.
- Place hot damp kitchen towel over bowl (stretching it across to cover bowl) and let sit for 25 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease large cookie sheet or pizza pan and spread dough out evenly.
- Pour Italian dressing over dough (using spoon to spread it out evenly).
- Sprinkle cheese over dough.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until bread is golden and cheese is bubbly.