Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a perfect appetizer for a family get-together or kid's party. It looks and tastes great.
Make and share this Cheesy Hot Pizza Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- tortilla chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and italian seasoning.
- Spread in an ungreased 9-inch microwave-safe pie plate.
- Combine mozzarella and parmesan cheeses; sprinkle half over the cream cheese.
- Top with the pizza sauce, remaining cheese mixture, green pepper and onion.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is almost melted, rotating a half turn several times.
- Let stand for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Hi. My family makes a very simular version of this for every holiday function. Everyone stands around table fighting over it! When Gram makes it she always makes two so there is less fighting! lol We dont use tortilla chips we use Ritz and its fabulous!
Made for My 3 Chefs. Quick and yummy too! We had this for lunch today along with a big bowl of tomato soup. (We are so bored of sandwiches!) The only change I made was that after cooking in the micro, I broiled it for 2 minutes just to brown the cheese topping. This would be nice with crunchy bread sticks and crackers too. Good post Chris, thx! (photo to follow)