My favorite childhood food - Mom made it for the kids when the adults were going out for dinner.
Make and share this Cheesy Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- Fry bacon but stop while bacon is still soft.
- WHILE BACON IS FRYING: Slice hot dogs in half length wise.
- Cut a cheese slice in half and place end to end along the cut side of the dog.
- Put dog together.
- Wrap bacon around the hot dog and secure with tooth picks.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Put in bun- garnish- enjoy- Kids love this.
What's not to love with bacon and cheese? Really simple and good hot dogs. Thanks Sweet Jane for sharing. Made for All You Can Cook Buffet Tag.
First time I've eaten bacon wrapped around a hot dog and this was great! No willpower = put rest of bacon in the freezer to stop me from making and eating more, LOL. (made for Think Pink Tag Game for Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
We had these along with mac n cheese and stewed tomatoes. Great dogs!