Recipe by Cookinmomof3
This recipe is the "most requested" by all my friends and family because its just so good!! Hot cheese, broccoli and red peppers served in baked sourdough bread-and the best part is you can eat the bread and dip it in the cheese!
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) round sourdough loaf, loaf
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb Velveeta American cheese spread, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully slice the top off the bread so you can use it as the lid.
- Remove center, leaving a 1 inch shell.
- Cut the removed bread into bite size pieces.
- Cover bread with top.
- Place on a cookie sheet with the bread pieces.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, saute celery, pepper and onion in the 2 tbs. butter.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add process cheese spread and stir until melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into the bread loaf.
- Serve hot with the toasted bread pieces and any vegetables or crackers.