Recipe by Foxgirl
This is a recipe I created that received an Honourable Mention in the Horseradish Information Council's January-June 2005 Recipe Contest! It's a great side dish with fish, chicken or a vegetarian entree and your guests will think it took much more time and effort than it actually did.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can asparagus tips, drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 ounce creamed horseradish
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- dried red pepper flakes, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the asparagus tips in a casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix the egg white, horseradish and mayonnaise.
- Stir most of the cheese into the mixture, holding a bit back for garnish.
- Pour/spread the mixture over the asparagus.
- Bake uncovered at 350º for twenty minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with remaining cheese and a sprinkling of red pepper flakes.
- Allow to set for five minutes before serving.