Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Can not take credit for this wonderful dish, I found it in and old cook book. Just wanted to share this wonderful complement to any entree.
- 61 ounces cannd hominy, drained
- 6 ounces canned chopped green chilies, drained
- 24 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shred
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 whole green chili, sliced crosswise
- pimento strips
- Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl; spoon into a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green chiles and pimiento strips.
Thank you sooooo much for posting this! My Grandmother use to make this all the time and I have been looking for it. I can't wait to make it! Thank you again.