Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Cheesy Home Fries with Spinach and Peppers. Great for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cups of chopped bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lightly cover the bottom of a 10-inch non-stick skillet with butter. Heat butter over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add one package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion to skillet. Cover with lid. Cook for 10 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of chopped bell peppers. Cover with lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes, turning every 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese and 4 cups of spinach. Cook for 2 minutes, turning constantly until cheese is melted and spinach is wilted.
To preface, I'm not one for enjoying cuisine outside of the pasta family, but when the words "cheesy" and "fries" are in the same sentence, you have my attention. Also, I lean on the side of convenience, so when I noticed the 10 minute prep time, I just became hungry. After making this recipe, the end result was as elegant as the picture displays, and yes, it tastes just as incredible as it looks. The sharp cheddar complements the potatoes sublimely, and the spinach and peppers bring it all together as one cohesive and simply delicious meal. I will be enjoying this weekly!
Just made this for my kids and they loved it! Served with chicken. Great way to get them to eat some vegetables, and VERY easy to make. Sharp cheddar is my favorite.
Was easy to make and tasted great, thanks!