Recipe by Michele Lee
This recipe comes from a Taste of Home Holiday & Celebrations cookbook. We think it is the best!! Whenever I make this I double or triple it, as there is always extra fresh herbs.Then I wrap the extra in plastic wrap and foil and freeze it. It freezes beautifully and then I always have it on hand. If you do freeze it don't put the cheese on till ready to bake. No need to defrost just bake as usual except add a few minutes to bake time. You can use dried herbs but it is so much better with fresh. Hope you like it as much as we do!!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or as much as you like)
- 1 loaf French bread, halved length wise
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine butter, Romano cheese, herbs and garlic.
- Spread over cut sides of bread.
- Sprinkle with Provolone if desired. ( I have made it without and its just as good).
- Place on foil line baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes ( more if frozen) till cheese is melted.
- Slice, Serve and Enjoy!