Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Favorite Brand Name Vegetarian Cooking."
- 18 ounces fresh spinach fettuccine
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 16 large mushrooms, rinsed and stems removed
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain; return to saucepan.
- Combine oil, basil and garlic in small bowl; pour over cooked pasta. Toss well.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon cheese into each mushroom cap. Place on aluminum covered cookie sheet (for easy cleanup) under broiler for about 5 minutes or until cheese is hot and caps are fork-tender.
- Transfer fettuccine to serving bowl. Arrange caps on fettuccine.
- I broil my mushrooms instead of cook them on the grill like the cookbook since it's easier. If you don't have garlic and herb soft cheese, try cream cheese and some Mrs Dash with garlic and herb.