This is an easy family favorite from my mom! Great for holidays and potlucks too!
Make and share this Cheesy Hashbrowns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (32 ounce) package hash brown potatoes (I use the chunk ones)
- chopped onion (Use as much as you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (Cheddar, American)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, as desired
- 1 (16 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Mix together sour cream & soup. Add salt, pepper, onion, cheese, & margarine. Add hash browns, making sure they are broken up. Put in a greased 9 x 13 pan (I use a glass pan). If you wish, mix 2 cups crushed corn flakes and 1/4 Celsius melted margarine and put on top of potatoes. Bake 1 hour in 350 oven.