Prep 6 mins
Cook 45 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. You can add anything on top if it, like bell peppers, mushrooms, sauteed onions or bacon, just depending on how creative you want to get. Also Pepper Jack cheese works well with the cheese sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet bring the ground beef browned on both sides, drain.
- Add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Brown to the pan with the hamburger meat. Mix completely and flatten into the pan.
- Cook on Medium to high heat for about 20 minutes or until brown. Once they're brown, flip them. Cutting the hash browns into sections makes it easier to flip.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan (I usually make a butter roux first, but have been successful without it) bring the heavy whipping cream to a low rumble/ low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium - high and then add in the cheddar cheese a handful at a time, melting each handful before adding the next handful until the cheese sauce has reached its desired cheesiness.
- Once your hash browns are done to your liking pour the cheese sauce right on top of your hash brown skillet and serve.