Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy, kid-friendly comfort food for chilly days.
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 cup sour cream
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 cups cubed hash browns (I like the Potatoes O'Brien with pepper and onion in them)
- 2 -3 cups ham (I like the turkey ham, cubed)
- 2⁄3 lb Velveeta cheese
- Combine all but ½ Celsius butter and cornflakes.
- Top with these and bake either in a greased crockpot on low 4-6 hours or in a greased 9x13 casserole at 350 degree oven for 1 ½ hours.
This recipe really does deserve a 5 stars BUT there is no cheese listed as an ingredient and the recipe title starts with "cheesy". I am assuming that you left it out by mistake. I made this recipe for a potluck of 7 people and everyone loved it including me. I made 18 servings of this and adjusted the ingredients for the servings that I made. I used all of the ingredients in the recipe exact. The only thing that I did a little differently was fry the hashbrowns (used O'brien potatoes like you suggested because they are so good) and the ham chunks. I also sauteed the onions too but that is just my personal preference. This would be just as good the way the recipe says. We all very much enjoyed this. Everyone must try this. I will make it again but can you please let me know how much cheese to add. That you so much PHM. Great recipe!