Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Since it's so hot, I've been searching for crock pot recipes for things I normally cook in the oven. This recipe is from the Slow Cooker Fix It and Forget It Cookbook and is credited to Clarice Williams of Fairbank, IA.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine soup, buttermilk, butter, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and pepper in slow cooker. Mix well.
- Stir in hash browns. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Cover. Cook on Low 4 to 4 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
Made this for dinner when the family was away for the day. Had a half ham going in a second crockpot. Followed recipe exactly. I'd give this a five for ease of preparation, but it's a bit on the bland side. Texture and amount of sauce was perfect. Next time I'll try adding a teaspoon of dried mustard.
I cut the recipe in half for my family of 3. I did add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Thought it would be too dry without this. Tasted great!!