Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another recipe from my famous gourmet chef mother, hence I'm "la petite" to follow in her fabulous footsteps! This side is AWESOME, we've had it with dinner or breakfast, it's so good anytime of the day! YUM!
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, 1/2 cup melted butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, chopped onion, cheddar cheese, salt-n-pep.
- Place mix in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- In a med. saucepan over med. heat, saute cornflakes in 1/4 cup melted butter, and sprinkle the mix over the top of the casserole.
- Back covered in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Good basic cheesy potatoes recipe. I made exactly as written with the exception of making it in a crock pot instead of in the oven. I normally use cheddar cheese soup instead of the cream of chicken, but this made for a nice change of pace. The potatoes went over well at my in-laws and the leftovers reheat nicely. Made for PAC Fall 2012.