1/1 Photo of Cheesy Hash Browns Casserole
I was searching for a hash brown casserole but I couldn't really find any that was vegetarian & still sounded good. I modified a recipe I found online & made this delicious comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) package shredded hash browns (refrigerated kind)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces light sour cream (I use the Daisy brand)
- 2 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used Mexican 4 cheese blend)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray an 8x8 glass pan with cooking spray.
- 2Mix the melted butter, salt, pepper, & parmesan together in a small bowl. Combine the hash browns, soup, sour cream, milk, & 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese together in a large bowl. Pour the butter mixture in with the hash browns then stir until well blended.
- 3Note: Save the rest of the shredded cheese to place on top of the casserole.
- 4Smooth the mixture in the 8x8 pan. Cook, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the casserole. Broil on high for additional 5 minutes or until the top begins to turn golden.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Hash Browns Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.8
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 1491.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 13.4 g