Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy recipe that you can throw together and bake while you are preparing the other courses for dinner. Found this to be a nice combination of ingredients. Hope you like it - it can easily be added to or changed.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns
- 1 onion, diced and sauteed
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 2 1⁄3 cups canned cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces colby cheese, grated
- 6 ounces mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or 3 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter or cooking spray a 9x13" baking dish.
- In 1 teaspoon or 2 reaspoons butter saute the onions & mushrooms, until onions are slighly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients and transfer to baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.