Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is hugely popular with my family and friends. I make it for Christmas morning and am often requested to bring it to brunches/breakfasts at church and work.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 8 ounces cooked diced ham
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese.
- Spread evenly into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown.
- Serve immediately.
This is sooooo good! I have made this on special occasions when we have many people over and everyone loves it! I have been asked for the recipe countless times! I usually do not use the potato soup but have used a combo of cream of cheddar soup and cream of mushroom or I have used all cream of mushroom or cream of chicken and it always turns out fantastic! Thanks for a great recipe :)
This was great! I used fresh potatoes and used cheddar cheese soup instead of the potato soup. Since I did the cheddar cheese soup, I omitted the parm. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream since I forgot to pick that up at the store (oops!). It worked just fine. I had left over frozen ham from Christmas and that worked like a charm. BTW, I was able to use this casserole to get our son to eat ham for the first time. So thanks a ton!! This is a keeper! Oh hubby says that it tastes like the cracker barrel recipe (minus ham). Yummy!!