Recipe by cherrycola
I threw this together one night after forgetting to go the store. My family loved it. This is a very flexible recipe so have fun with your own additions. If you like a bit of a crunchy topping, mix, 2 cups bread crumbs and 3 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top before baking.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces hash browns, shredded
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over 350°F.
- Place hash browns in 9x11 pan; set aside.
- In saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour, then add milk. Mix well.
- Cook till mixture boils and thickens stirring constantly.
- Add cheese to mixture, stir till melted.
- Pour cheese mixture over hash browns, mix well.
- Add diced ham and onion; stir.
- Place in oven and bake 45 minutes.