I threw this together one night after forgetting to go the store. My family loved it. This is a very flexible recipe so have fun with your own additions. If you like a bit of a crunchy topping, mix, 2 cups bread crumbs and 3 tbsp melted butter. Sprinkle on top before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over 350°F.
- 2Place hash browns in 9x11 pan; set aside.
- 3In saucepan melt butter.
- 4Stir in flour, then add milk. Mix well.
- 5Cook till mixture boils and thickens stirring constantly.
- 6Add cheese to mixture, stir till melted.
- 7Pour cheese mixture over hash browns, mix well.
- 8Add diced ham and onion; stir.
- 9Place in oven and bake 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.2
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 645.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: