Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's basically just hashbrowns with cheese and mushrooms. I made it up one day and my husband just went crazy for it. Try changing the types of cheese for a different flavour!! If you can't find mushroom and garlic soup, just use plain cream of mushroom and add 1 tbsp minced garlic. makes great leftovers!!!
- 0.5 (1 kg) bag frozen hash browns (not the patties, the loose stuff)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I prefer the 'old' kind)
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put all ingredients in a large oven proof bowl. Mix thoroughly, cover and bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour.
These potatoes were good but seemed to be lacking something - it could have been that I just needed to add more salt and pepper because I didn't put very much. As an additional suggestion I mixed the cheeses in with the hashbrowns but also added more cheese on top and broiled it for ~3-4 minutes at the very end.
This was good. I left out the onion since I didn't have any on hand (well more like I forgot to buy some LOL) and I just used all cheddar cheese since we aren't fans of swiss. I made this with some BBQ chicken. Thanks for the recipe!
This was amazing------Will try again for sure.