Recipe by C & D's Mommy
It's basically just hashbrowns with cheese and mushrooms. I made it up one day and my husband just went crazy for it. Try changing the types of cheese for a different flavour!! If you can't find mushroom and garlic soup, just use plain cream of mushroom and add 1 tbsp minced garlic. makes great leftovers!!!
Top Review by lorraine.godwin
These potatoes were good but seemed to be lacking something - it could have been that I just needed to add more salt and pepper because I didn't put very much. As an additional suggestion I mixed the cheeses in with the hashbrowns but also added more cheese on top and broiled it for ~3-4 minutes at the very end.
- 0.5 (1 kg) bag frozen hash browns (not the patties, the loose stuff)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (I prefer the 'old' kind)
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste