Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe to prepare for carry-in dinners. We always have it for our Christmas Day brunch. I really should make it more often -- it's good anytime. From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
- 2 lbs shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon spray margarine
- Butter 9 x 13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix first 8 ingredients together in large bowl.
- Pour into buttered 9 x 13 pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile in small bowl mix together crushed corn flakes and melted butter with fork. Remove potatoes from oven. Sprinkle corn flakes on top of potatoes. Bake 45 minutes longer, uncovered.