1/1 Photo of Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
This is a great recipe to prepare for carry-in dinners. We always have it for our Christmas Day brunch. I really should make it more often -- it's good anytime. From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon spray margarine
- 1Butter 9 x 13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix first 8 ingredients together in large bowl.
- 3Pour into buttered 9 x 13 pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 4Meanwhile in small bowl mix together crushed corn flakes and melted butter with fork. Remove potatoes from oven. Sprinkle corn flakes on top of potatoes. Bake 45 minutes longer, uncovered.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Hash Brown Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.3
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.5 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 1737.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.5 g