Recipe by Simply Potatoes
Bursting with flavor, these little morsels make a clever presentation for weekend breakfast or brunch!
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups Better'n Eggs®
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup Crystal Farms® Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 12-cup regular muffin cup pan; set aside. In medium bowl combine Simply Potatoes, butter and salt; mix well. Press about 1/4 cup Simply Potatoes mixture into each muffin cup lining bottom and sides. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, brown Italian sausage in 10-inch skillet; drain grease. Add mushrooms and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Fill each baked hash brown cup equally with sausage mixture.
- In small bowl combine Better’n Eggs and Italian seasoning; mix well. Pour over sausage mixture, filling each muffin cup equally. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cup comes out clean.