1/2 Photos of Cheesy Hash Brown Chili
1 hr 15 mins
From Everyday with Rachael Ray Mag, March 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste.
- 3Add the beef and cook, breaking up the meat, for 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add the beans and the tomatoes with their juice and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. '.
- 5Transfer to an 8x11-inch baking dish.
- 6Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400*F.
- 7In a large bowl, combine the potatoes and cheese. Scatter the potato mixture over the chili.
- 8Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake until the potatoes are cooked through and the chili is bubbling, about 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Hash Brown Chili
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.7
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 659.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 41.8 g