Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicioius Fall side dish, great for Thanksgiving dinner.
- 2 lbs mixed fall vegetables (squash, sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips and carrots)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place vegetables and milk in a large saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat and reduce to a low heat and simmer stirring occasionally for 20 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream cheese cook until completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Pour into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and golden brown on top.