Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Kraft Food and Family. Great way to use fall veggies.
- 2 lbs mixed butternut squash (fall vegetables, about 6 cups) or 2 lbs sweet potatoes (fall vegetables, about 6 cups) or 2 lbs turnips (fall vegetables, about 6 cups) or 2 lbs parsnips (fall vegetables, about 6 cups) or 2 lbs carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (fall vegetables, about 6 cups)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place vegetables and milk in large saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese; cook until completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and nutmeg.
- Pour into 2-quart casserole dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and vegetable mixture is heated through.