Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cheesy hamburger soup in about 30 minutes. Great for weight watchers, WW points = 5/serving
Make and share this Cheesy Hamburger Soup - Ww recipe from Food.com.
- Spray saucepan with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Combine onion, celery, garlic and ground beef in saucepan. Cook until beef is browned. Drain if necessary.
- Add 1/2-1 cup chicken broth and bring to a slow boil. Cover and reduce heat to low until onion and celery are tender, stirring occasionally and adding additional broth if necessary - about 10-15 minutes.
- Once onion and celery are tender, add remaining chicken broth and heat until just boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add evaporated milk and cubed reduced fat Velveeta cheese stirring continuously until milk is heated through and Velveeta is melted.
- Stir is paprika and black pepper.
This one is going in my WW collection - tasty, creamy and only 5pts!. Made for ZWT 6 by an Unrulies Under The Influence.
Really good soup! Next time I will reduce the liquid a little bit, as we like a thicker soup but it definitely has a great flavor. I like katew's idea and might try it again over pasta. Yum! Thanks for sharing!! Made for the scandinavian part of ZWT 6 for the No Nonsense Nibblers.
Good soup. I doubled the recipe but followed the recipe as written. We all enjoyed this.