Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A quick easy hamburger pie with a cheesy variation and it's low fat and low calorie.
- 1 lb ground beef (93% lean)
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried garlic (reconstituted)
- 20 ounces potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 4 slices sandwich cheese (Borden's sharp fat free)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup (minus 1/4 cup)
- Peel and boil potatoes. When done mash with ½ cup skimmed milk and the 4 slices of cheese.
- While potatoes are boiling brown the ground beef, onions, and reconstituted garlic until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir green beans into beef mixture and cover. Simmer until beans are thawed and hot.
- Mix the soups together until smooth. (For a thinner sauce you can add about a half of a soup can of water although it is better thicker.).
- Drain the meat and spread it and the bean mixture in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with vegetable oil spray. Pour cheese sauce evenly over the top of the meat and then spread the cheesy mashed potatoes evenly over the sauce.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until heated through.
- *NOTE: The 1/4 cup mushroom soup is removed so that the mushroom does not overpower the cheese. You can certainly leave it in if you prefer a stronger mushroom flavor.
- (NOTE: Calories on this page do not account for low fat items and 93% lean beef. As closely as I can figure this is about 300 calories, or less, per serving.).