Recipe by KeyWee
This is "souper" easy comfort food - the kind of pantry throw-together we all need some days. I add some cooked elbow pasta to mine as I am a carboholic! Adapted from a recipe found in Hometown Cookbook magazine.
- 3 cups water
- 3 carrots (peeled & sliced)
- 1 potato (peeled & diced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (sliced)
- 2 cups ham (cubed)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
Directions See How It's Made
- In a soup pot, combine water, carrots, potato, onion& celery.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover& simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the ham, peas& tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover& simmer 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the soups and cheese dip.
- Heat and stir until soup is heated through.