Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Italian-style open-faced omelet. Quick and easy breakfast or delicious side dish.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cauliflower carrots with cheese sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken or 1⁄2 cup cooked ham, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook vegetables according to directions on package.
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms,garlic, and onion in olive oil, over med heat, for 5 minutes.
- Add meat and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
- In small bowl season eggs with basil and pepper; pour into skillet over ham.
- Cook, covered, over low heat without stirring until edges set and bottom is golden (10-12 minutes).
- Lift edges carefully to allow uncooked egg to flow to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until mixture sets but is still moist.
- Pour vegetables and cheese over top of frittata.
- Cover and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Loosen around edges and slide onto serving plate.