Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the meal my DD makes for her Dad's birthday every year. Looks and tastes luscious. Any breakfast man would love it.
- 78.07 ml chopped green pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded provolone cheese
- 118.29 ml shredded American cheese
- 14.79 ml flour
- 354.88 ml cooked ham, cubed
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- 9.85 ml parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml basil
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Sauté onion and green pepper in butter.
- Mix cheeses and the flour.
- Add the ham, onion, and green pepper to the cheese mixture.
- Spread in unbaked pie shell.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over pie.
- Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.
- Works best in a glass pie plate.
- You can use any cheeses of your choice.
Hello Rose of Sharon, what a wonderful brunch item! We chose this as one of the dishes that we are going to serve for the Easter brunch that we are going to have. I did make some changes - used red peppers instead of green, increased the amount of cheddar cheese, & used bacon instead of ham. Also used Italian seasoning and the quiche tasted so good. We enjoyed the fact that we could use it as finger food! It didn't fall apart! We enjoyed it thoroughly, thanks for posting, Diane :=)
Another one of my PAC finds. Imade this last night formy daughter and I to have for breakfast this morning. It turned out beautiful. I left out the green peppers because I do not like them. I used almost a whole onion. The cheeses I used were shredded sharp cheddar, provolone slices, diced and velveeta that I cubed. I baked the pie shell for a few minutes before adding the ingredients. I had to bake mine a little longer than the 40 minutes but we all know ovens are different. This worked beautifully heated in the microwave. Next time (and there will be a next time)I will leave out the basil.