Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy snack or light lunch. For an added "kick" use pepper-jack cheese. Cheddar or Swiss cheese can also be used, or a combo.
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 (8 inch) tortillas (flour, whole-wheat, spinach or tomato)
- 3 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions (green tops-sliced)
- Sprinkle cheese onto one half of each tortilla. Top with ham, tomato and green onion tops. Fold each tortilla in half, pressing firmly together.
- In a 10-inch skillet, cook quesadillas, two at a time, over medium heat for 4 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning once. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
Mikekey!! It doesn't get any easier than this. I make similar but have not done the mater or the onions before. Why I have no idea but let me say this is the bomb!! I made this for my lunch yesterday using a ham steak sliced thin ( no deli for me allowed) a mater from neighbors garden organic and green onions from mine. Wonderful. quick, nourishing, and flat out good. I then made one for my neighbor, her mater after all, and she thought this was great. She couldn't believe I drove over on my lawn mower, plate in hand with a lunch for her. It was pretty funny thinking about it but better than taking the car. I am actually making these tonight again and cutting into quarters for an appy as a couple of the neighbors are coming by for a stop in after dinner. A bit of vino, some veggies, and your Quesadillas will do the trick. Thanks Mike I just love this variation.
Made as directed and these were so simple and delicious! Great as a snack, appetizer or just for a meal with a salad. I might add some mushrooms next time but thank you for posting. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game 2013.
I just finished making these. I was going to wait for lunch, but breakfast was calling to me. This is very similar to the way I normally make them... but I never did a tomato & scallion version before. I made this, per recipe using tomato, for hubby... and made mine with scallion & green bell pepper (I don't like tomato unless cooked to make a sauce). We both enjoyed these very much. I served them with sour cream on the side. Thanks for posting your simple and wonderful snack/lunch. (Made for "New Kids" tag)