Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is another favorite comfort food meal. I'm craving it as I write this!
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups fully cooked diced ham
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Boil water in large dutch oven and cook potatoes 15 minutes, until tender.
- Melt butter in a med saucepan over med heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth. Add onions and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper.
- Stir until cheese melts. Add cream of mushroom soup and combine.
- Pour over potatoe mixture and stir gently to mix. Add ham and gently stir
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.