Recipe by Mary Scheffert
This is a good & easy casserole for using up leftover ham. Spice it up as you like. Great for dinner with a salad, or would also be good as a brunch dish.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt margarine; stir in flour.
- Add milk all at once--cook& stir until bubbly; cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat& stir in cheese& mustard.
- Set aside.
- Place half of the ham in an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Top with half of the hash browns& half of the cheese sauce.
- Spread the spinach on top of the cheese layer.
- Repeat layers with remaining ham, potatoes& cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, or until heated through.