Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are not your average cheesy ham muffins. They have a wonderful flavour and texture because of the jarlsberg and rice. Served warm with butter they are just devine. This recipe has lots of added options like adding chives, parley, onion whatever your tastebuds are calling for. Enjoy!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 75 g melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 125 g jarlsberg cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped ham
- Lightly grease muffin pans and preheat oven to 200C (400F).
- Combine milk, eggs, sugar and butter.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl, then stir in rice,cheese and ham.
- Add the liquid and mix lightly until ingredients are just combined.
- Spoon into prepared pans and bake in preheated oven for 30-35mins, or until firm and golden.
- Remove from trays and serve warm with butter if desired.