1/1 Photo of Cheesy Ham & Cauliflower Casserole
Patty Mae's Note:
The fire-roasted peppers and chipotle give this dish a slightly smoky bite. If you don't like the smoky flavor you can substitute ground cayenne for the chipotle and chopped pimentos or red bell peppers for the fire-roasted peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 lb cooked ham, cut in 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fire- roasted sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar ragu double cheddar cheese sauce
- 4 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cut cauliflower into 1/2-inch pieces; steam or microwave until just tender. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- 2Saute onion and cubed ham in butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
- 3Stir in cheese sauce, fire-roasted peppers, and chipotle pepper and reduce heat to medium-low.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is heated through.
- 5Add about half of the shredded cheddar and stir until melted. Repeat with the remaining cheddar.
- 6Add salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste.
- 7Add cooked cauliflower to sauce and stir gently to distribute sauce evenly.
- 8Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Ham & Cauliflower Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 196.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 16.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers
cheddar cheese sauce