Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick to make with leftover ham. The recipe says it makes four servings, but my family of four ate only half of it.
- 226.79 g angel hair pasta
- 9.85 ml canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 bottled minced garlic
- 226.79 g baked ham, diced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- black pepper
- 113.39 g reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta until firm-tender, 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in an extra-deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add the onion and pepper and saute until vegetables are softened.
- Add the garlic and ham and cook until ham starts to brown, 2-3 minute Drain the tomatoes well and add to skillet, stirring.
- Stir pasta into skillet, add pepper, and cook, uncovered for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and cover the skillet, cooking until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes more. Cut into sections and serve.